Thursday, 15 November 2018
Citilink to assume managerial control of Sriwijaya Air Group

Garuda Indonesia Group, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Citikink, has signed a joint-venture agreement with Sriwijaya Air Group wherein the LCC will take over the operational management of Sriwijaya Air (SJ, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta) and NAM Air (IN, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta).

Under the terms of the deal signed in Jakarta on Wednesday, November 9, Citilink's oversight will also include Sriwijaya Air Group's financials.

"This joint venture is intended to help Sriwijaya Air Group improve its operational and financial performance by helping Sriwijaya Air to fulfill their commitments or obligations to third parties, including those within the Garuda Indonesia Group," Managing Director of Garuda Indonesia, Ari Askhara, said in a statement.

He added that Garuda Indonesia Group would benefit from the synergies the joint-venture will bring to both companies including greater network reach and increased capacity. The possibility of Garuda gaining equity in Sriwijaya will be discussed at a later point in time.

The two groups combined will control a 51% share of the Indonesian market that has thus far been the domain of Lion Air Group.

"We hope that the JV, which will be managed by Citilink, will assist in the recovery of Sriwijaya Air Group amid an increasingly competitive aviation market," PT Sriwijaya Air's Managing Director, Chandra Lie, added.

Sriwijaya Air operates five B737-300s (to be phased out by the end of 2019), six B737-500s, twenty-three B737-800s, and two B737-900(ER)s on a network where 97% of its weekly seating capacity of 307,816 seats/week is deployed on domestic Indonesian flights. The remaining 3% is split between China, Malaysia, East Timor, and Sri Lanka.

Its Nam Air subsidiary operates six ATR72-600s and eleven B737-500s on flights to 54 cities across Indonesia with Dili in East Timor its only international destination.

Author: source: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/72847-citilink-to-assume-managerial-control-of-sriwijaya-air-group
GO Ina


Direktur Utama Angkasa Pura 1 Faik Fahmi mengatakan, "pihaknya kehilangan pendapatan mencapai Rp 300 miliar sejak awal tahun hingga Mei 2019."

Details
May 22, 2019

“Kementerian Perhubungan menyadari keluhan Pengusaha Hotel yang terus disampaikan adanya penurunan tingkat hunian hotel karena mahalnya harga tiket pesawat." demikian disampaikan Sekretaris Jenderal Kementerian Perhubungan, Djoko Sasono di Jakarta, Selasa (22/5). 

Details
May 22, 2019

“Kami pastikan Pilot dengan inisial IR itu bukan Pilot Sriwijaya Air maupun NAM Air,” kata Retri Maya, Vice President Corporate Secretary Sriwijaya Air.

Details
May 21, 2019

Pada kesempatan yang khusus ini saya akan menyampaikan kepada Cargo Times "ICAC kedepannya akan mengadakan terobosan-terbosan baru, salah satunya adalah diselenggarakan untuk pertama kalinya di Indonesia, yaitu Indonesia Airlines Cargo Award dilaksanakan pada tanggal 15 Juli 2019 yang akan datang, tujuan kami adalah  melihat bagaimana kinerja dari Airlines ini kepada para konsumenya dan seberapa tanggapnya mereka terhadap keluhan kami tersebut" jelas Adrian Dwitomo, Ketua Panitia Buka Bersama ICAC (15/5).

Details
May 20, 2019

GENERAL NEWS